VISUAL ARTS OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
A Certificate Program to Inspire Your Artistic Growth
Art League of Hilton Head is excited to offer the first program of its kind in our region. The program, Visual Arts of the Lowcountry (VAL), is designed to give participants a cohesive and results driven art educational experience, and one that draws upon the unique beauty and iconography of the Lowcountry. VAL combines the best of two worlds: a wide selection of core classes in art fundamentals and techniques in all mediums taught by the full time faculty of Art League of Hilton Head; new and popular Lowcountry-themed classes, workshops and seminars given by renowned, Lowcountry artists and art professionals. Upon having taken 100 hours in this program, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion that recognizes their artistic growth and mastery of a unique body of work.
Highlights of the Visual Arts of the Lowcountry program include the opportunity to:
- Individualize your program to reflect your artistic level, personal objectives and residential status (encompassing full time, part time and/or summer visitors).
- Take classes from Art League of Hilton Head’s full time faculty such as drawing, color theory, pastel, oil and acrylics, abstract impressionism, printmaking, photography just to name a few.
- Take Lowcountry-themed workshops, classes and seminars from some of the area’s foremost artists on rendering of Lowcountry landscape, wildlife, landmarks and activities. Examples include marsh, beach, birds, Gullah art, golf landscapes and action figures to name just a few.
- Learn the stories behind Lowcountry art, artists and culture that have shaped this unique body of work.
- Experience your artistic growth, receive encouragement and recognition throughout the program, and complete 100 hours within your own time frame.
There is no enrollment fee. VAL participants pay the same per class as posted in the Art League Academy Class & Workshop Schedule.
For more information, contact Amy Wehrman at Academy@artleaguehhi.org or call (843) 842-5738.